The following videos relate to anti-Semitism, the Holocaust, eugenics, and associated topics. To suggest other videos, please use our Contact Us page. [WARNING: Some videos contain scenes of graphic violence, hate speech, and highly disturbing images.]
Auschwitz Through the Lens of Nazi Officers
U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum
This video offers a unique look at how Nazi officers viewed Auschwitz. The documentary shows previously unreleased photos taken by the officers in which they appear carefree and unperturbed by the events around them. The disturbing implication is that people who appear ordinary are capable of committing monstrous acts.
The Lodz Ghetto: A Comparison of Nazi and Jewish Photographs
U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum
In this interview, the Chief Photo Archivist for the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum compares two sets of photos taken of the Lodz Ghetto: one by a high-ranking Nazi official, and another taken by a Jew imprisoned in the ghetto. As the comparison shows, the very same scene often appears quite different depending on who is taking the photograph.
War on the Weak: Eugenics in America
This brief documentary describes the early 20th Century eugenics movement in the United States, including its historical connection to animal breeding. Not only did the eugenics movement result in the forced sterilization of 60,000 Americans, it became a blueprint for the eugenics movement that followed in Nazi Germany.
Contemporary Anti-Semitism on Lebanese Television
MEMRI TV Videos
In this 2018 clip from Lebanese television, a Palestinian Member of Parliament refers to Jews as apes, pigs, dogs, and donkeys, and tells fellow legislators in Gaza that Allah has gathered "those corrupters" in Palestine "to annihilate their corruption at the hands of His servants of great might." For a another reference to Jews as apes and pigs, see this 2018 excerpt from Palestine TV.
Cyber Anti-Semitism: The Democratization of Extremism
In this installment of Faith Complex, David Friedman of the Anti-Defamation League discusses the growth of Internet-based anti-Semitism. According to Friedman, an unintended consequence of the Internet has been a "democratization of extremism" that is at the heart of modern anti-Semitism.
Additional Resources and Searchable Databases
Holocaust survivor accounts:
- "That's the Last Time I Saw Mom" (3:13 minutes)
- Arrival at Auschwitz Concentration Camp (2:01 minutes)
- Squeezing Through a Rain Hole to Buy Food (2:51 minutes)
- Description of the Treblinka Death Camp (5:34 minutes)
- 7 Prisoners of the Auschwitz II-Birkenau Camp (33:21 minutes)
- Teaching with Holocaust Testimonies (further resources here)
Nazi leaders and anti-Semitic propaganda:
- The Power and Lessons of Nazi Propaganda (5:46 minutes)
- The Eternal Jew (10:00 minutes; Part 1 of 7, 1940)
- The Nuremberg Trials (50:05 minutes; 1947)
- The Secret Life of Adolf Hitler (52:46 minutes; 1958)
- The Goebbels Experiment (1 hour, 46 minutes; 2005)
- A Film Unfinished (2:00 minutes; trailer for full-length film)
Arabic children's TV shows promoting anti-Semitism:
- Beloved Farfour Mouse Being Killed by Jews (Hamas TV)
- Bunny Vowing to "Get Rid of the Jews" (Hamas TV)
- Teacher Referring to Jews As Disgusting (Egyptian TV)
- Boys Killing Bloodthirsty Jews in a Suicide Attack (Iranian TV)
- MEMRI TV
- Yad Vashem
- U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum
- USC Shoah Foundation Institute
- Jewish Virtual Library
For other films, clips, and reviews, please see: